About Basco Shower Enclosures
For more than 50 years Basco has been an innovative leader in the shower enclosure industry. From a simple start and a vision for the future in 1955, Basco has grown into a global organization through our customer centric approach and commitment to quality.
Key milestones in our history include:
- 1963 – first to manufacture all shower enclosures with safety-tempered glass, a shatter-safe glass five to ten times stronger than regular glass.
- 1970 – first line of frameless shower enclosures offered.
- 1986 – began manufacturing a new line of tri-panel tub and shower enclosures.
- 1988 – created the first curved glass bath enclosure, called Contours.
- 1994 – became the first shower enclosure manufacturer to offer a limited five-year warranty on parts and workmanship. Now we offer a lifetime warranty.
- 1999 – opened the first and only sales and installation training center in the industry, Basco University. More than 1,000 graduates have been through the state-of-the-art, hands-on training center.
- 2002 – reinvented the heavy glass bathroom enclosures with its Celesta Luxury glass line.
- 2004 – appeared on Builder Magazine's Top 100 Building Products List and was in Better Homes & Gardens' "Bathroom of the Year" in 2005.
- 2005 – celebrated its 50th Anniversary; Basco opens the doors of its new 4,500 square-feet, state-of-the-art training center, home to the company’s highly acclaimed Basco University.
- 2007 – Basco University wins prestigious Crystal Achievement Award from Glass Magazine. Basco launches new website – www.bascoshowerdoor.com.
- 2010 – Basco launches RODA, a new portfolio of luxury shower enclosures developed around today’s trends for aesthetic design and user functionality.
Basco's vision is to remain the industry leader and innovator for the next 50 years building on our foundation of quality and standard of excellence.